Thursday 10 May 2007

Ubuntu to the rescue!

I'd been thinking about what life would be like without Windows for a while. I'd even burnt a CD with the Ubuntu boot disc on to use on my old desktop.

My switch to the light side of the source came about a little more quickly than I'd planned when my windows XP OS keeled over last week-it turns out that some of those torrents contained more than I'd bargained for ; )

Suddenly that Ubuntu boot CD was the only way I could get my computer to function. After a couple of hours running Ubuntu from the CD I decided to install and muddled my way through the partitioning process.

This blog is going to record all my mistakes and the lessons I learn fumbling my way through Ubuntu.

Once I've got to grips with everything I'll post a break down of my Ubuntu installation experience and some more info on Ubuntu itself!!!

Challenges I'm working on right now:

1: accessing the internet wirelessly
2: convincing ubuntu to let me have widescreen resolution
3: moving files across the partition between windows and ubuntu
4: world domination

Later peeps.

No comments: